John Anderson to lead 2010-11 PMA FIT
by | October 18, 2010
The board of directors of the Produce Marketing Association's Foundation for
Industry Talent took office at the close of PMA's 2010 Fresh Summit
International Convention & Exposition in Orlando, FL.
Chairman of the Board John Anderson, chairman, president and chief
executive officer of The Oppenheimer Group in Coquitlam, BC, is joined on
the 2010-11 board by three other officers and 16 directors to lead next year's
"We are so pleased with the able industry leaders represented on the board,"
Margi Prueitt, executive director of PMA FIT, said in an Oct. 18 press release.
"This year we implemented a new volunteer application process, which was
overseen by the new Leadership Committee. It is gratifying to see so many
leaders in our industry interested in supporting the Foundation for Industry
Talent's mission to attract, develop and retain talent to produce."
"I expect that this will be a fruitful year for the foundation as we become
more confident and focused in the ways we've established to reach our goals
of raising up industry talent to carry our industry forward," Mr. Anderson
added in the press release. "It's an honor for me to work with this group of
professionals and give back to the industry and to the foundation."
Besides Mr. Anderson, the 2010-11 officers are Vice Chairperson Jan DeLyser,
vice president of marketing at the California Avocado Commission in Irvine,
CA; Secretary-Treasurer Tim Riley, senior vice president at Giumarra Cos. in
Los Angeles; and Immediate Past Chairman William Schuler, president and
CEO at Castellini Co. in Highland Heights, KY.
Other PMA FIT board members are:
* Tonya Antle of Earthbound Farm in Salinas, CA.
* Karen Caplan of Frieda's Inc. in Los Alamitos, CA.
* J. Scott Carr of YottaMark in Redwood City, CA.
* Matt Curry of Curry & Co. in Brooks, OR.
* Kevin Delaney of Procacci Bros. Sales Corp. in Philadelphia.
* Gene Harris of Denny's Corp. in Spartanburg, SC.
* Lorri Koster of Mann Packing Co. Inc. in Salinas, CA.
* Jim Leimkuhler of Progressive Produce Corp. in Los Angeles.
* Lisa McNeece of Grimmway Farms in Bakersfield, CA.
* Bryan Silbermann of the Produce Marketing Association in Newark, DE.
* Dick Spezzano of Spezzano Consulting Service Inc. in Monrovia, CA.
* Steve Stein of Driscoll Strawberry Associates in Watsonville, CA.
* David Werner of Ben E. Keith, Co. in Fort Worth, TX.
* Chanel White of Carter & Spencer Group in Bondi Junction, Australia.
* Nancy Wolfe of Monsanto in St. Louis, MO.
* Larry Zink of Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI.
Retiring from the board were:
* Stephen Barnard of Mission Produce Inc. in Oxnard, CA.
* Lorna Christie of the Produce Marketing Association in Newark, DE.
* David Corsi of Wegman's Food & Pharmacy Inc. in Rochester, NY.
* Bud Floyd of C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc. in Eden Prairie, MN.
* Peter Goulet of Pinnacle Sales & Marketing in Saco, ME.
* Edward McLaughlin of Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.
* Jay Pack of The Pack Group in Dallas.
* Frank Padilla of Costco Wholesale in Issaquah, WA.
* Geoff White of Safeway Inc. in Pleasanton, CA.
* Tim York of Markon Cooperative in Salinas, CA.